INNOMET I 2003-2004:
- developed INNOMET database test-version for higher and vocational education institutions, companies and other sector-related organisations
- INNOMET testing results from 15 enterprises and educational organisations (tested in selected professions, qualifications and skills of work-force – “blue-collar” level)
- Recommendations on the knowledge structure of the qualified labour force presented to higher and vocational education institution (report)
- INNOMET web-page in English and national web-pages in every partner country and language
- National seminars, working groups and one trans-national seminar organised in Estonia to present the INNOMET database model and promote dialogue in the sector
INNOMET II follow-up 2005-2007 (18 months)
- To further develop and realise the unified and integrated basis (based on the test-version of the INNOMET system) for the comparable workforce performance evaluation in engineering industry in terms of local and European needs
- to develop a specific methodology how to evaluate and measure qualifications and skills in the frame of the INNOMET system in human resources focusing on the qualifications and skills levels in of work-force (blue-collar level) and additionally engineering level of the companies of the sector and on the other hand qualifications need to be defined and evaluated in terms of educational programmes and re-training courses – what kind of skills and qualifications each courses give. The key is to combine it in the INNOMET information system
o to develop the ontology of terms and definitions of INNOMET, including the glossary of key words of the INNOMET system (please see the Annex 3) in order to compare skills and qualifications. The aim is to develop a common and trans-nationally wide European understanding and definitions of the terms used (especially skills and qualifications) in the INNOMET system in 7 countries of the project consortium.
o To provide further recommendations on the knowledge structure of the qualified labour force presented to higher and vocational education institution and to develop sample re-training courses in the field of mechanical engineering based on INNOMET system outputs.
- Sample re-training courses will be also developed for engineering level with the help of the INNOMET (university level).